Launched on 19th September 2019, Huawei unveiled Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G smartphone. The latest phone comes in packed with the best of internal and external components. Huawei has developed its own clear hardware identity, from the 2017’s Mate 10 on. Dubbed as the best looking phone of the year finished with a shiny shimmery glass finish. The powerhouse comes with a 3D facial scanning system like the iPhones.
More specifications are detailed below:
- 158.1 x 73.1 x 8.8 mm, 198 g
- Glass and aluminum build
- No headphone jack
- IR blaster
- Single Speaker
Huawei made the metal frame much thinner than on other phones, giving a bezel-look. The back of the phone is polished glass with a mirror-like effect.
The bottom of the phone houses the USB-C port, a speaker, and the hybrid SIM card/memory card tray. Also featuring an IR blaster that lets you control TVs, AC, and other appliances.
The Mate 30 Pro will be available in Black, Space Silver, Cosmic Purple, and Emerald Green.
- 1176 x 2400 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio
- Gorilla Glass 6
- Waterfall display
- OLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 16M colors
The display is quite exceptional as the display on the Mate 30 Pro looks identical to the P30 Pro.
Huawei features punch hole cameras and wild pop-up cameras in order to have room for a selfie camera, depth sensor, and the 3D face unlock system. Coming in with fingerprint reader, the feature works well but not as fast as rear-mounted scanners.
The Laser-based face unlock system works fast and super accurately.
- HiSilicon Kirin 990 7nm
- 2 x 2.86GHz Cortex-A76; 2 x 2.09GHz Cortex-A76; 4 x 1.86GHz Cortex-A55
- Mali-G76 MP16
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.0
- Nano Memory card slot
The phone feels lighting fast and super smooth at use with its elegant engineering and thanks to Kirin 990 chip at the heart of the Mate 30 Pro. Featuring a cutting-edge chip the performance excels as Huawei over the years has invested heavily in its own silicon. The chip boosts AI, fast image processing, and gaming capabilities.
Storage space of 128GB or 256GB and 8GB of RAM leaves behind any worries. The dual SIM card tray doubles as an expandable storage slot for Huawei’s proprietary Nano Memory cards.
- 40W wired charging
- 27W wireless charging
- Reverse wireless charging
Huawei launched the fastest and the best charging solution on the market with its 40W fast charging. The battery capacity is now 4,500mAh, compared to 4,200mAh on the previous generation.
Supposedly to be three times faster than before and good enough to fill out a variety of Qi-enabled gadgets, Mate 30 Pro can be charged wirelessly at a speedy 27W, and Huawei has also amped up the reverse wireless charging ability.
In various tests, Mate 30 Pro handily beats the Note 10 Plus and OnePlus 7T in the mixed-use, WiFi browsing, and video playback benchmarks.
- Primary: Quad 40MP + 40MP + 8MP + TOF camera
- Video: 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 1080p@960fps, 720p@7680fps, gyro-EIS
- Flash: Dual LED flash
- Features: Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Selfie: Dual 32 MP + 3D TOF camera
With an emphasis on hardware, Mate 30 has a versatile and flexible camera experience.
Featuring a new 40MP sensor for the wide-angle camera, the large sensor results in better, brighter images in wide-angle shots. The main sensor is 40MP. Mate 30 Pro tends to have a better white balance due to the sensors. It also features a long-range zoom.
Instead of the 5X periscope optical zoom of the P30 Pro, the Mate 30 Pro only offers 3X optical zoom. The wide-angle camera is significantly improved which accounts for sharper images. The phone can shoot pictures in near darkness, due to the bright f/1.6 lens with OIS.
The phone can shoot 4K video at 60fps and 7,680fps slow motion at 720p.
- EMUI 10
- Android 10
- WALAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- BlueTooth: 5.1, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- Audio jeck: 32-bit/384kHz audio Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G Network: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Network: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 6(900), 7(2600), 8(900), 9(1800), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) – Global
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G (2+ Gbps DL)
- 5G: 5G NSA / Sub6 / mmWave; N1/N3/N28/N77/N78/N79
In the Box
The Mate 30 Pro is bundled with a 40W charger. The Bundle also comes in with a basic set of USB-C earbuds.
Mate 30 Pro Price: AED 3,420 in UAE, Dubai