Getting around in Dubai is getting easier and easier. If you are there to explore or living as a resident but having a transportation issue, then there is a news for you. His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai has announced a brand-new cycle-hire scheme arriving in the city in the not too distant future.

Honda

Following a raft of brilliant new projects being announced, RTA will be bringing stations for new bicycles to the whole city in a bid to continue the impetus of city-wide fitness goals.
RTA has come up with a collaboration with Careem by bringing 3500 bicycles to the city to create an opportunity for a cyclist to get around Dubai. This will also help to lessen the traffic jamming in the future.

Pakistani Ride-sharing app Bykea raises $5.7m in Series A investment

Around 350 stations will be built all over the city from where you can rent those bikes. This concept is similar to the idea of London’s’ Santander Cycles initiative, where you can rent a bike.

Through Careem’s technology, bikes will be tracked with GPS which makes it able to connect with the wireless network. This will also help to predict the high level of demand.
This scheme of bicycle will cost you about Dh9 for a cycle. You can also pay it with credit card NOL card or with s’hail smartphone app.

These bicycles will be environment-friendly by solar charging method. It has not been announced whether this service will be available through Careem’s own app or RTA will launch its dedicated app.

Uber acquires Middle East Rival Careem for $3.1 Billion

Late last year there was an announcement made that, RTA and Careem will establish a joint venture of taxi-hailing service in Dubai. This partnership will have owned 51% by RTA while the other 49% will have owned by Careem.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here